Pages

Friday, April 13, 2012

A Great Opportunity!


Hello friends and family!

It’s been a few months since I (Angie) posted a blog, so I just wanted to take some time to give you a quick update on the view from my end of the spectrum. J

Stretching, increasing, learning ore, producing more—it’s our daily life here in Cambodia. I’m loving the role God currently has me in: wife, mom, worship team director, and I even get to assist in the pastoral care of about 30 girls who have been rescued from human trafficking. In spite of the horror stories that their lives used to be, the Father’s gentle hand is causing beauty to rise from the ashes. I’ve said it for years, and I’ll say it again, “I’m living my dream!”.

This blog, however, is more than just a quick update, it’s also an SOS for help. Jason and I have been doing our best to organize our schedules in order to balance family and ministry. We’ve declared Fridays to be our day off from both work and school in order to spend the whole day together as a family (and for Jason and I to get away for a date a couple times per month J). The homeschool curriculum we’ve chosen for the kids is flexible enough that we can get it all done in 4 days/week. However, with Caleb now doing grade 4, Justus starting grade 1 in the Fall, and Emma starting preschool, I am finding it very difficult to keep up with both ministry and homeschool. Jason and I have prayerfully decided to ask if there is a servant-hearted young person out there who could commit to coming and helping us for 6 months to a year. This would be a great opportunity to “get their feet wet” in missions, and do it in the safe environment of our home and church here in Phnom Penh. We would envision them homeschooling our children a few mornings a week and then using their afternoons to serve in one or two of the various ministries of the church.

If you know of anyone that you think would be interested, please let us know! You can reach me at angieprosser@gmail.com. If you don’t know of anyone that could help us, please join with us in prayer for this need. We really, REALLY appreciate your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment