Pages

Monday, August 22, 2011

Along for the Ride

Hello everyone! I hope you are all well. J

July was a packed and amazing month for us. We had several special seminars and ended the month with a week of prophetic meetings. We had 5 straight days of meetings that happened morning, noon and night. Each one of our staff and volunteers had the opportunity to be ministered to by a prophetic ministry team. It was a powerful time where we heard the Lord calling and reaffirming His call over many people’s lives, including our own. I had the opportunity to play the keyboard in one of the rooms (we had three meetings happening simultaneously in different rooms) every morning and afternoon and a few of the evenings. I was amazed at not only the way that God moved, but also that my back was not more sore after sitting on the piano bench for 4-7 hours per day! J

The Lord really reaffirmed to our family that we are in the right place at the right time. Without asking for it, I think I received about 6 personal prophetic words in the 7 days, and almost every single one of them (all by different people) was about worship and writing songs. I’ve been feeling this coming, so it didn’t surprise me, but it’s always so good to hear it said by someone else. It was also comforting to hear that I don’t need to strive and that the Lord will provide the words. They’re His songs anyway, I’m just glad to get to come along for the ride. J

At the end of the prophetic week, during the Sunday morning worship service, I started to hear a song of the Lord rising in my spirit, and I heard it in both English and Khmer. I knew it was from Him, but my heart started pounding and my stomach started fluttering. It seems like no matter how many times I’ve led worship or spoken from the pulpit, the nervousness is an ever-faithful companion. Anyway, I began to argue with myself about going up when the Holy Spirit said, “Hey! You’ve been teaching the worship leaders how to listen to My voice and have been challenging them to sing the song of the Lord, but you’re not willing to do it??”. Ugh. There’s nothing like the Holy Spirit’s faithful conviction to get your feet moving. So up I went, and even with my clumsy Khmer, God moved powerfully on people’s hearts. The guest speaker carried it even further, and we got to see hearts refreshed and lives touched that day. I was so glad to, once again, be along for the ride.

There’s so much more I could tell you! God is doing beautiful things here in Cambodia.

Thank you so much for your prayers and support!!

No comments:

Post a Comment